Street-Legal Supercar

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@home.com)
Date: Tue Oct 10 2000 - 13:05:14 EDT

Got back from Lost Wages....didn't make enough to SC the Dak but enough to
pay for the trip and an extra G for my effort. Course, now I'm
sleep-deprived. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. Anyway, before I dozed off yesterday, I was
perusing my mail and thumbing through the most recent Pop Sci mag when up
pops this street-legal supercar. Now this car looks like it belongs on the
track. It's got the stance of a Viper...maybe even a little lower, 41
inches to be exact. Then I read further. The car is a concept car built by
Mr. Saleen, builder of highly modified Stangs. Well, he built this one from
the ground up, right here in Irvine. It has a midship V8 running 550 hp at
6,400 rpm. Top speed is 200+. 0-60 in under 4 seconds. The car is
slightly longer than 15 ft. Space frame chassis with all carbon fiber body
panels. Rear view mirror has been replaced by video screen and a camera
mounted at the rear. There is storage space, both front and back, but not
big enough to hold a set of golf clubs. Steve's going to build 100 of these
a year, but better start saving now....the cost is $375,000.00. It's called
an S7. The production run will be four years starting next spring. Hmmmm,
I guess I'm gonna have to go back to Vegas to get the money for this one!

Ron
00 SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD
For modifications see my DML Profile