Which Oil should I use

From: jay & dana (jay&dana@telus.net)
Date: Tue Oct 10 2000 - 19:56:13 EDT

I have a 97 DAK 318 stock for now and I know some use fully synthetic,
synthetic blend, or regular dino juice. Which would give me the best
advantage (according to you that have used these) for engine longevity and
performance? I want to upgrade my truck to aftermarket parts eventually and
was wondering which I would be happiest with. I know most stick with Mobil
1, but there is a lot out there that stick with regular or a blend. What
are the advantages or disadvantages to either one?
I do change my oil and filter regularly (every 3000 miles). By the way
which oil filter is recommended (if it really matters)?

Thanks
Jay