Autolite 3923

From: Jim Miller (jim76712@swbell.net)
Date: Tue Oct 10 2000 - 19:37:14 EDT

Installed a set of the 3923 plugs in my R/T today. The old plugs have 24k
miles on them and don't look that bad but my mileage was starting to drop and
I didn't know why so I decided to try the Autolites. There was no problem
getting them from the parts house we buy most of our parts from and nobody
asked what they went in. They just delivered the plugs and charged me a dollar
per plug. Very reasonable. I gapped them .40 as the tag under the hood said
to and put them in. The truck was running good so I don't know if it has made
more power but according to the overhead console the mileage has jumped up at
least 25%. Better than when the truck was new. It will take some highway
driving to see how much good it did because stop and go city driving it is
impossible to gauge fuel economy. All I know is cruise set at 40 on a level
road usually got about 20 when the truck was new and had gotten down to 16.
Now it reads 24 on a level road at 40 mph. I usually average 14 on my trip
home and today it read 18. Same road same lights same traffic. Has anyone
else noticed an improvement in mileage with these plugs?
Jim in Waco
99R/T RC