Re: V6 Performance Exhaust

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Wed Oct 11 2000 - 17:52:31 EDT

> I am looking for a good high flow muffler with a deep and load sound at
> idle. I have a Gibson on it right now but I really don't like it. Sounds
> to ricey to me and some of my friends. I like they way it sounds without
> muffler but it is just way too loud. I know my truck will never sound
like
> a v-8 but I want to get as close as I can to it. I don't want to attract
> everyone's attention but I would like it to be moderately loud. Any
> suggestions out there?

Chris,
When I was looking for a replacement muffler, I was choosing between the
Gibson, Dynomax Super Turbo, and the Flowmaster. I listened to some Gibson
mufflers, and just didnt like them either. I think it would made my rather
deep stock mufflered truck sound like a bee is stuck in the muffler. My
friend has a Gibson on his 4.3L Blazer, and he doesnt like it either. I have
heard the Super Turbos dont hold up that well, and have read several reports
about them rotting out and falling apart. I wanted a good ole steel muffler
which contained no fiberglass packing or anything else internal within the
muffler, other than metal. I live in the Chicagoland area, so salt eats
stuff up around here. I wanted something which would sound great, flow
better than my stock muffler, and hold up. I ultimately went with
Flowmasters 50 Series 3Chamber Delta Flow muffler. A local shop torched out
the old one and welded up the new one for $40. I cut about 30 inches off the
the exit pipe after the muffler, so the exhaust now end about 10-12" past
the axle with a turn-down style exhaust tip. I love the way it sounds and
performs. Go Flowmaster.............
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6