Re: NY/S.Ont racers

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Thu Oct 12 2000 - 10:21:33 EDT

At 05:40 PM 10/11/00 -0400, you wrote:
> A couple of months ago, Lancaster Speedway was putting out feelers
>in my area (Western New York) for property that they could put a 1/4mi
>track on. (They currently only have 1/8mi) Maybe they decided to put
>it in Niagra Falls? This is the first I've heard of it. If a track
>gets put in there though, it could make a nice spot for a DML meet! :-)
>Do some racing, and head into Vegas (errr, I mean Niagra Falls) for some
>dinner. :-) -Jon-

The formation that I have is as follows.

The Niagara Falls International Speedway Inc. will be building a $120 CDN
million (so I guess it's on the CDN side) motor speedway and tourism
complex. When completed, it will house a 1.5-mi oval (CASCAR events),
a drag strip, and a road circuit plus other motorsport related features.

Phase One includes the drag strip, scheduled to open next summer. It will
host an IHRA National event as its inaugural event in Aug. 2001. It's
located 3 km (about 1.8 miles) from the border on a 470 acre site.
Grandstands will seat more than 60,000 spectators (GULP!).

Wayne Thompson, Niag. Falls mayor (a high school classmate and football
team mate of mine ... wonder if he remembers being thrown out of a
Math class) says that business community is on-board with the project.

Gotta be a DML meet there!!!

Bob