Re: Friend needs help

From: rsuter@bizfon.com
Date: Fri Oct 13 2000 - 11:22:55 EDT

     If it a V6 then it's a Timing CHAIN, not a belt. And a chain certainly
should not break in 48k miles, although it would be wise to check the PM
interval to know for sure. That being said, if it were my truck, I would:

     1) Attempt to verify that that the odometer is correct. If not the seller
would have some liability.
     2) If the odometer is correct, I would attempt to get Dodge to cover some
portion of the repairs. Covering all of would be nice, and that's a good place
to start, but I'd consider Dodge paying half a "fair" deal.

     3) Check out other rebuilders, installers..... $4800 is a little steep, but
probably not at a "Five Star" outfit.

Good luck!

Rick

-