Re: update friend needs help

From: A. S. (adakota4x4@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Oct 13 2000 - 14:37:00 EDT

It is my understanding that it is not the actually chain that is the
problem. I was told that the gears are in fact the problem due to a coating
they have on them....I believe it was called Magna-flux (can someone confirm
that??) Anyway, the coating sometimes wears too fast and chips away. This
causes slack in the chain which produces a rattle or slapping sound. I
would assume that if the slack became large enough, and the gears became
weak enough, the gears could strip.
--Aaron--
95 DSRC 4x4 V6
www.geocities.com/adakota4x4_95/