sparkplugs

From: jay & dana (jay&dana@telus.net)
Date: Fri Oct 13 2000 - 20:18:28 EDT

No one has ever talked about sparkplugs with a "clipped" ground electrode.
Most sparkplugs come with a flat or square tipped ground electrode. Bosch
platinum's come with a clipped electrode (ground electrode looks like it
comes to a point, but not quite). I've ran the AC Delco Rapid-fire
sparkplugs in my Camaro and they also had the "clipped" electrode, and love
them for this application. I've read Hot Rod and Car Craft magazine and
they say these plugs with the "clipped" electrodes produce a better "flash
front" to the fuel mixture, thus providing more usable horsepower. Any
comments on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Jay