Rear end capers....

From: Jeremiah Siembida (hemimopar426@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Oct 13 2000 - 22:37:25 EDT

I need some advice once again.. I know my 8 1/4" rear is not long for the
world, the only thing keeping it alive is wheelspin. If I put in spring
clamps, and make it hook better, it may grenade the spider gears if I get on
it hard enough. My question: will a corporate Chry 9 1/4" from a h-d Dodge
truck bolt in? I imagine I'd need to swap the yoke or u-joint, but will the
axle drop right in, width wise, and assuming I'd get a 6-bolt narrow
pattern, would I be able to bolt the axle right up, or will I have to swap
drums? I want (posi'd, of course!) beef out back, cuz I am picking up
horsepower that will exceed the limits of the stock open axle. I will need
to find one on the cheap, maybe one that has the stock 3.55's I have now, so
I don't have to swap ring/pinion. How much should I expect to pay for a
good butt, not needing rebuilt? Or if I can't find a good one, how much
should I pay for a rear that needs freshened? Thanks, and I appreciate all
your advice!

Mopar or Nocar!
Black 1996 Dodge Dakota Sport, Club Cab 4X4, V-8 Magnum
Tearing up North Dakota!
Autolite 3924's MSD 6AL/Blaster 2/SuperConductor wires
K&N 14x3 filter, Mopar Performance P4876138 High-Performance computer, Mopar
Performance exhaust, Magnum polished valve covers, P255-70R-15 BFG Radial
T/A's
'BAD AD2D' License plates:)
The SlickBlackDak :)
Sure Grip diff maybe soon!