Polished Magnum V.C. install

From: Quiktruk99@aol.com
Date: Sun Oct 15 2000 - 20:03:37 EDT

Spent a couple of hours putting on the new covers today, and boy, do they
look great! Old ones came off fairly easy, just grabbed all the loom trees
with pliers and yanked 'em out, only buster was the back upper stud on
drivers side, loom tab did NOT want to come off, so I broke it off, since I
wasn't re-using the tabs anyway. 11mm socket took care of the bolts & studs.
Wrestled 'em out without removing anything but the PCV & brake booster hoses.
Gaskets pulled right off intact. Replaced the vaccum plug on the small nipple
under the PCV one on the right side, as the factory one had stretched & was
dripping oil.
 Didn't use the grommet for the 2nd oil filler hole, went & bought a cap at
K-Mart, so now I have a filler cap on each side. Right side PCV relocates to
the front on the Magnum covers, but just flipped the hose around & it
reaches. Replaced all the loom trees with Moroso wire separators, used only
one old stud (for the heater hose holder) and RTV'd the grommets for the PCV
& breather onto the covers. Used GunTite loctite on the baffle screws, hope
that holds. Fired it up, and NO LEAKS! They seem to quiet the engine down
a bit, maybe the thicker aluminum. Didn't bother with the 3923s, gonna wait
'til I get some s/s braided plug wires to go with my shiny new covers. :)

Kevin/NJ
99 CC 5.2L 2wd auto (318 R/T )
always addin' more...see my profile
check it out: <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/quiktruk99/DARKDODGE.htm">THE