Re: Amps

From: Chris Lambert (mopar88@efortress.com)
Date: Sun Oct 15 2000 - 20:53:41 EDT

I have to agree with this 100%... I have had 2 Jensen amps for my first
system, then I bought a nice Infinity amp... I now have an MTX 500D, and as
the price goes up the amps get better... For subs alone I have had a Kraco
10, 2 no-name 8's, a jbl 8, kicker comp 10, 2 mtx 3000's , and now 2 mtx
7000's 10"... and as it should be expected as the quality, price, and name
get larger the better teh longetivity and sound quality, and volume if that
is what interests you...

Chris

>Ive had a Pheonix Gold amp for the past 5!!! years now and never had a single
>problem out of it... I used it to power a 12 inch solo baric... everyone said
>that I should have more power to it but it was such a clean amp, the 250 was
>just fine. For example, 500 watts of distorted power from a Jensen was no
>match for my PG 250... I say was because I took my sub out about 3 months
>ago, got out of that phase and wanted to have my seat all the way back and
>sit more comfortably. I also have a Kicker Impulse amp that is powering my
>Boston Rally speakers that replaced my 5.25 and 5x7... its been in there for
>5 years as well..... but, MTX, Rockford, and many others make good amps as
>well, I think it comes down to what NAME you want in your truck, but keep in
>mind you still get what you PAY FOR!!!

'00 CC, Packin a 287 Magnum, 5-sp, Gibson Duals, Traction Bars, Alarm,
Pioneer Stereo, Bugflector II Bug Guard, Fender Flairs, Tinted Windows,
Spring Clamps, Magnum Front Plate, Quick D Intake, "Smoke Em" Decal
http://www.intense99dak.com/chris.htm