Re: Re: '96 8.25" rear, spider gear broke, what next

From: Jeremiah Siembida (hemimopar426@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Oct 15 2000 - 22:45:36 EDT

I posted about this last week.. Noone answered... I tend to drive hard,
and tho I haven't broke anything yet, I know I'm bound to, sooner or later.
  Will a 9 1/4 bolt right in? clearance issues? Track width?
Yoke/u-joints? Please help!

>been there, done that a few times... I'd wager that he had an open diff...
>if he goes with a SG unit it'll be MUCH stronger and a direct swap in.. I
>got a SG axle (the whole shabang) from a junkyard and tossed it in
>_______________________
> Jon Smith--Raleigh, NC
> jon@fast4x4.net
> www.fast4x4.net
>'95 Dakota 4x4 318 CC auto
>
> > This weekend at the VMP mopar show, my buddy Al was racing his 96 RC
>5.2L
> > 5spd truck and snapped a spider gear, we limped her home, but now he has
>some
> > decisions to make. He wants to keep racing the truck, so more abuse is
>in
> > the future. I told him to check into a late model 9.25" rear retro
>fit???
> > not sure about the spring perch mounts or track width, anyone know????
>If
> > that is not an option, what can you all recommend to beef up the 8.25"
> > rear????, is it possible to beef it up???
> > The spider gears are a weak link it seems??? Any advice would be
> > appreciated.
> > Thanks
> > Matt Y2K-HEMI

Mopar or Nocar!
Black 1996 Dodge Dakota Sport, Club Cab 4X4, V-8 Magnum
Tearing up North Dakota!
Autolite 3924's MSD 6AL/Blaster 2/SuperConductor wires
K&N filter, Mopar Performance P4876138 High-Performance computer, Mopar
Performance exhaust, Magnum polished valve covers, P255-70R-15 BFG Radial
T/A's
'BAD AD2D' License plates:)
The SlickBlackDak :)
Lakewood bars in the mail! Sure Grip diff maybe soon!
'PROZAK' on the drawing board...