Re: Recall fixed, new cat, no rattles

From: Barry Lawton (derkroozer@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Oct 16 2000 - 11:57:56 EDT

Hi I am new to the news DML Digest, but have been
reading it for several months. I would like to give a
little praise to both the DML and my dealership for my
recent service. I got my recall notice and after
reading the DML members who had treppidations about
what was done, I made sure that befor I took my DAK in
that I marked certain areas so that I could tell if
the service was really performed. It was and as a
matter of fact the braking is much better, as they
bled the entire system, and reajusted everything. Now
as to praise you people of the DML. I had the rattles
and pops that had been discussed by the membership,
and upon telling my service rep that I saw the
possible causes on the DML, he did not hesitate on
writing down these as the source of the problems. They
replaced my cat, and tightened up a mess of bolts in
my suspension. It feels like the day I drove it off
the lot. My dealer is Tempelton Dodge in Tysons Corner
(Vienna) Virginia.

DERKROOZER; 99 CC 3.9 Sport Plus DFG
Sterling VA

   DML Digest wrote: DML Digest Sunday, October 15
2000 Volume 04 : Number 2700The subjects discussed in
this digest are:==========Re: DML: AmpsDML: 180
Thermostat & 4.7LDML: Re: RE: DML IRC channelDML:
Polished Magnum V.C. installDML: TractionDML: Wax
removerDML: RE: Wax removerDML: RE: Clean Engine
BayRe: DML: Calendar voting? --JON!!!!!DML: FREE RI
BEDLINERRe: DML: RE: FW: New dyno results, 4.7L Leach
custom PCMRe: DML: AmpsDML: Lame K&N cleaning
questionDML: turndown to tailpipeRe: DML: Wax
removerDML: Re: Wax removerDML: '96 8.25" rear, spider
gear broke, what nextRe: DML: Lame K&N cleaning
questionRe: DML: Trans sealDML: Stupid questionRe:
DML: turndown to tailpipeDML: Re: '96 8.25" rear,
spider gear broke, what nextDML: Website Help...Re:
DML: Oil FiltersRe: DML: Calendar voting?
--JON!!!!!Re: DML: Website Help...Re: DML: Re: '96
8.25" rear, spider gear broke, what nextRe: DML: Oil
FiltersRe: DML: TractionRe: DML: AmpsDML: Re:dakota
Class 3 hitch on e bayRe: DML: Re: '96 8.25" rear,
spider gear broke, what nextRe: DML: Oil FiltersRe:
DML: Website Help...DML: Re: DML IRC channelDML: RE:
Amps AUDIOBAHN GROUP
BUY----------------------------------------------------------------------Date:
Sun, 15 Oct 2000 19:04:52 EDTFrom:
Dodgezilla69@cs.comSubject: Re: DML: Ampsppi ,orion
,alpine ,and mtx are a few good names as well as many
others ... any amp that measures about 15"x 11"x2 1/2"
these are just rough estamte numbers others that are
close might fit youll just have to try them ...jake
------------------------------Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2000
16:08:14 -0700 (PDT)From: James Brown Subject: DML:
180 Thermostat & 4.7LI finally got around to putting
in that 180 thermostatin my '00 4.7 Club cab. After a
relatively easy timeremoving the 2 8mm bolts on the
housing, and leavingthe hose attached, it all came out
smoothly. As wasposted earlier, you have to notch the
thermostat toaccomodate a "bump in the inner groove of
the gasket. Also i drilled a small hole in the
thermostat itselfin a spot corresponding to the check
ball hole in theold gasket. It all went back smoothly
and I toppedoff the fluid and threw in a bottle of
RedLine waterwetter and warmed her up. It felt more
powerful inall respects after warm up. Tried to be as
objectiveas my seat of the pants driving would allow.
Justfelt like someone gave me about 10 horsepower!!!
Drove it this morning and this afternoon and now I
amthoroughly convinced it 's the real deal!!! Just
doit!!!JB__________________________________________________Do
You Yahoo!?Yahoo! Messenger - Talk while you surf!
It's
FREE.http://im.yahoo.com/------------------------------Date:
Sun, 15 Oct 2000 18:08:22 -0700From: "Mark Pryer"
Subject: DML: Re: RE: DML IRC channelYeah I can't even
get on very often any more..with autoconnect on it
usuallytakes like 300-600 tries, on Hybridnet it
connects instantly.MarkTan 91 cc 5spd 6er Dynomax
catback 14x3 K&N Ported TBBucket seats Accel Super
Stock Coil Lund Roll Pan- ----- Original Message
-----From: The Man From Utopia To: Sent: Sunday,
October 15, 2000 3:51 PMSubject: DML: RE: DML IRC
channel> > I know this was brought up not too long
ago, but I thought> > I'd throw it> > out again.
Recently, #dakotatruck on efnet has been, well,
dying.> > People haven't been able to connect, I've
been getting dropped from> > efnet about a dozen times
a day, there are op problems (there> > are no ops> >
in #dakotatruck right now, and there should be some op
bots there) and> > more.> >> > What would it take to
get set up on another network, maybe something a> >
little more reliable? If things were more stable,
would participation> > on the channel increase?> >>>
I've been having problems just getting onto IRC itself
via @Home.. EFNethas> been having problems too as of
late...>> Greg> 95 Dakota Sport CC v6 5spd> Rahway NJ>
ICQ: 283886>
http://24.6.89.18/dakota/dodge.htm>>------------------------------Date:
Sun, 15 Oct 2000 20:03:37 EDTFrom:
Quiktruk99@aol.comSubject: DML: Polished Magnum V.C.
installSpent a couple of hours putting on the new
covers today, and boy, do they look great! Old ones
came off fairly easy, just grabbed all the loom trees
with pliers and yanked 'em out, only buster was the
back upper stud on drivers side, loom tab did NOT want
to come off, so I broke it off, since I wasn't
re-using the tabs anyway. 11mm socket took care of the
bolts & studs. Wrestled 'em out without removing
anything but the PCV & brake booster hoses. Gaskets
pulled right off intact. Replaced the vaccum plug on
the small nipple under the PCV one on the right side,
as the factory one had stretched & was dripping
oil.Didn't use the grommet for the 2nd oil filler
hole, went & bought a cap at K-Mart, so now I have a
filler cap on each side. Right side PCV relocates to
the front on the Magnum covers, but just flipped the
hose around & it reaches. Replaced all the loom trees
with Moroso wire separators, used only one old stud
(for the heater hose holder) and RTV'd the grommets
for the PCV & breather onto the covers. Used GunTite
loctite on the baffle screws, hope that holds. Fired
it up, and NO LEAKS! They seem to quiet the engine
down a bit, maybe the thicker aluminum. Didn't bother
with the 3923s, gonna wait 'til I get some s/s braided
plug wires to go with my shiny new covers.
:)Kevin/NJ99 CC 5.2L 2wd auto (318 R/T ) always addin'
more...see my profilecheck it out: THE DARK DODGE
------------------------------Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2000
14:11:09 -1000From: "Philip Giusto" Subject: DML:
Tractionhey list,has anyone installed the lakewood
traction bars? any immediate benefits?difficulty of
install? 60' times? :)other dak news. . . went to the
mall last night with the gf and got tosmoke some poor
dude in a civic "SiR." an SiR you ask? yeah right. i
justlove the trend of getting a monster tach and
connecting just the light.darn thing doesn't even
register RPMs. is this a fad here (oahu) orelsewhere
too?phil giusto00 r/t ccam-bah
fye-yah------------------------------Date: Sun, 15 Oct
2000 20:39:40 -0400From: Chris Lambert Subject: DML:
Wax removerI am going to try one of those roll in
bedliners, I hardly use the truck bed so I think that
one of these may be ideal. I have used my new DA
sander to rough up most of the bed, i am going to
finish sanding it tomorrow but would like to know what
can be used as a grease and wax remover to finish the
surface prep, so does anyone have any
suggestions?Thanks-in-advance,Chris**************************************************************************************'00
CC, Packin a 287 Magnum, 5-sp, Gibson Duals, Traction
Bars, Alarm,Pioneer Stereo, Bugflector II Bug Guard,
Fender Flairs, Tinted Windows,Spring Clamps, Magnum
Front Plate, Quick D Intake, "Smoke Em"
Decalhttp://www.intense99dak.com/chris.htm**************************************************************************************------------------------------Date:
Sun, 15 Oct 2000 17:56:49 -0700From: "Ronald Wong"
Subject: DML: RE: Wax removerdish soapRon00 SLT QC 4X2
5.9 46RE 3.92 LSDFor modifications see my DML Profile-
-----Original Message-----From:
owner-dakota-truck@buffnet.net[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@buffnet.net]On
Behalf Of Chris LambertSent: Sunday, October 15, 2000
5:40 PMTo: dakota-truck@buffnet.netSubject: DML: Wax
removerI am going to try one of those roll in
bedliners, I hardly use the truckbed so I think that
one of these may be ideal. I have used my new DAsander
to rough up most of the bed, i am going to finish
sanding ittomorrow but would like to know what can be
used as a grease and waxremover to finish the surface
prep, so does anyone have any
suggestions?Thanks-in-advance,Chris**************************************************************************************'00
CC, Packin a 287 Magnum, 5-sp, Gibson Duals, Traction
Bars, Alarm,Pioneer Stereo, Bugflector II Bug Guard,
Fender Flairs, Tinted Windows,Spring Clamps, Magnum
Front Plate, Quick D Intake, "Smoke Em"
Decalhttp://www.intense99dak.com/chris.htm**************************************************************************************------------------------------Date:
Sun, 15 Oct 2000 21:00:07 -0400From: "Rob Parenti"
Subject: DML: RE: Clean Engine BayI like the
non-foaming Gunk Heavy Duty better than the Gunk
Foamy. Makesure you rinse well, especially on any
aluminum. Self-service car washesaround here won't
even let you open your hood.- - Rob- -----Original
Behalf Of Aurelio LopezSent: Sunday, October 15, 2000
5:28 PMTo: DMLSubject: DML: Clean Engine BayWhat do
you all recommend to clean up the engine and engine
bay?Gunk makes an engine cleaning foam that you can
simply hose off.Do I need to be careful around any
particular areas. I'll tie aplastic bag over my
Edelbrock air cleaner to protect the filterand TB,
anything else I should protect?- --'00 QC Sport
PlusIntense Blue Pearlcoat3.9L V6 - 5spd. - 4x2Sport
Plus / HD Service / Trailer Tow grpsam/fm/cd w/
infinity sound------------------------------Date: Sun,
15 Oct 2000 21:09:20 -0400From: "dakota_24" Subject:
Re: DML: Calendar voting? --JON!!!!!I thought the
calendar was going to be of dak's owned by dml
members.?maybe its me but I think it would be more
fun. If I want a generic calendarI'll go to wally
world.just my $5.2 cents (but maybe I am way off base
I just thought it wassuppose to be a DML
calendar)Chris C> At 05:04 AM 10/13/00 -0400, you
wrote:> >hey Jon, when are the calender pics due? I am
meeting up with some r/t> >owners at the track
Saturday. I might be able to get a pic ofsveral R/Ts>
>roasting it. :)------------------------------Date:
Sun, 15 Oct 2000 20:43:56 -0400From: Chris Lambert
Subject: DML: FREE RI BEDLINEROK guys, this is the
last week i am gonna hold on to this bedliner. It is
in great shape, only it needs one clip replaced. It is
the over the rail and it has the tailgate cover and
all. If you want it you pick it up. If no-one wants it
i am gonna take the circular saw to it and box it for
the trash men... but i would really like to see it go
to someone who can use
it...Chris**************************************************************************************'00
CC, Packin a 287 Magnum, 5-sp, Gibson Duals, Traction
Bars, Alarm,Pioneer Stereo, Bugflector II Bug Guard,
Fender Flairs, Tinted Windows,Spring Clamps, Magnum
Front Plate, Quick D Intake, "Smoke Em"
Decalhttp://www.intense99dak.com/chris.htm**************************************************************************************------------------------------Date:
Sun, 15 Oct 2000 20:48:54 -0400From: Chris Lambert
Subject: Re: DML: RE: FW: New dyno results, 4.7L Leach
custom PCMI think it was like $213 from
truckperformance.comChris>4 Wheel Parts quoted $217.99
for the Stage 2>>Most everywhere else quoted from $235
to $250. The Stage 1 is about
$10>less.>>------------------------------**************************************************************************************'00
CC, Packin a 287 Magnum, 5-sp, Gibson Duals, Traction
Bars, Alarm,Pioneer Stereo, Bugflector II Bug Guard,
Fender Flairs, Tinted Windows,Spring Clamps, Magnum
Front Plate, Quick D Intake, "Smoke Em"
Decalhttp://www.intense99dak.com/chris.htm**************************************************************************************------------------------------Date:
Sun, 15 Oct 2000 20:53:41 -0400From: Chris Lambert
Subject: Re: DML: AmpsI have to agree with this
100%... I have had 2 Jensen amps for my first system,
then I bought a nice Infinity amp... I now have an MTX
500D, and as the price goes up the amps get better...
For subs alone I have had a Kraco 10, 2 no-name 8's, a
jbl 8, kicker comp 10, 2 mtx 3000's , and now 2 mtx
7000's 10"... and as it should be expected as the
quality, price, and name get larger the better teh
longetivity and sound quality, and volume if that is
what interests you...Chris>Ive had a Pheonix Gold amp
for the past 5!!! years now and never had a
single>problem out of it... I used it to power a 12
inch solo baric... everyone said>that I should have
more power to it but it was such a clean amp, the 250
was>just fine. For example, 500 watts of distorted
power from a Jensen was no>match for my PG 250... I
say was because I took my sub out about 3 months>ago,
got out of that phase and wanted to have my seat all
the way back and>sit more comfortably. I also have a
Kicker Impulse amp that is powering my>Boston Rally
speakers that replaced my 5.25 and 5x7... its been in
there for>5 years as well..... but, MTX, Rockford, and
many others make good amps as>well, I think it comes
down to what NAME you want in your truck, but keep
in>mind you still get what you PAY
FOR!!!**************************************************************************************'00
CC, Packin a 287 Magnum, 5-sp, Gibson Duals, Traction
Bars, Alarm,Pioneer Stereo, Bugflector II Bug Guard,
Fender Flairs, Tinted Windows,Spring Clamps, Magnum
Front Plate, Quick D Intake, "Smoke Em"
Decalhttp://www.intense99dak.com/chris.htm**************************************************************************************------------------------------Date:
Sun, 15 Oct 2000 20:57:47 -0400From: Chris Lambert
Subject: DML: Lame K&N cleaning questionAbout 45
min... maybe a little more if it takes a while to
dry... ie if it is cool out.... DO NOT USE HEAT...
this will shrink the filter... just make sure you use
K&N filter oil and not some substitute... atf is
supposedly not the same... I am not sure but for the
cost of the right stuff who cares...Chris>I'm about to
clean my K&N cone filter for the first time, but
before i>jump into it, I want to make sure I have the
time. About how long does>it take to dry after
washing, or do I not have to wait for it at all?>Just
want to make sure that I'm not leaving myself w/o a
way to get to>work in the morning if I decide to do it
on a weeknight.>>- -->-
-andy**************************************************************************************'00
CC, Packin a 287 Magnum, 5-sp, Gibson Duals, Traction
Bars, Alarm,Pioneer Stereo, Bugflector II Bug Guard,
Fender Flairs, Tinted Windows,Spring Clamps, Magnum
Front Plate, Quick D Intake, "Smoke Em"
Decalhttp://www.intense99dak.com/chris.htm**************************************************************************************------------------------------Date:
Sun, 15 Oct 2000 20:59:54 -0400From: Chris Lambert
Subject: DML: turndown to tailpipeYES... I had the
tailpipe fall off once on my 88 after I changed the
muffler one time, I made it slightly quiter with jsut
a turndown...but it had a regular quiet turbo muffler,
nothing as loud as a flowmaster...Chris>I just had my
Flowmaster 3 chamber taken off and a Dynomax hi-flo
cat with a>Spintech sportsman put on in its place. I
had a 3" taipipe and went to a>turndown. Now my
exhaust is just too loud. At 2k rpm, it just rings
your>ears inside the truck. Will putting the tailpipe
back on make my exhaust>quieter inside the cab? I love
the sound outside, but commuting back and>forth to
school (40 miles each way) is just going to give me a
huge>headache. Thanks in advance.>>Wesley
Beck**************************************************************************************'00
CC, Packin a 287 Magnum, 5-sp, Gibson Duals, Traction
Bars, Alarm,Pioneer Stereo, Bugflector II Bug Guard,
Fender Flairs, Tinted Windows,Spring Clamps, Magnum
Front Plate, Quick D Intake, "Smoke Em"
Decalhttp://www.intense99dak.com/chris.htm**************************************************************************************------------------------------Date:
Sun, 15 Oct 2000 21:17:15 EDTFrom:
Hemikota@aol.comSubject: Re: DML: Wax removerIn a
message dated 10/15/00 9:01:35 PM Eastern Daylight
Time, mopar88@efortress.com writes:>PPG DX330 or
DX440, klean strip makes a wax and grease remover too.
Just find a local autobody/paint store and get what
they have. It will
do.Boog------------------------------Date: Sun, 15 Oct
2000 20:27:09 -0500From: "Mike Klinke" Subject: DML:
Re: Wax removerStop at your neighborhood automotive
paint store and pick up what you need.They'll have
several choices made specifically for the job. One is
PPG'sDX-330 Acryli-clean. It works very well!Regards,
Mike Klinke- -----Original Message-----From: Chris
Lambert To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net Date: Sunday,
October 15, 2000 8:06 PMSubject: DML: Wax remover>I am
going to try one of those roll in bedliners, I hardly
use the truck>bed so I think that one of these may be
ideal. I have used my new DA>sander to rough up most
of the bed, i am going to finish sanding it>tomorrow
but would like to know what can be used as a grease
and wax>remover to finish the surface prep, so does
anyone have any
suggestions?>>Thanks-in-advance,>Chris>>**************************************************************************************>'00
CC, Packin a 287 Magnum, 5-sp, Gibson Duals, Traction
Bars, Alarm,>Pioneer Stereo, Bugflector II Bug Guard,
Fender Flairs, Tinted Windows,>Spring Clamps, Magnum
Front Plate, Quick D Intake, "Smoke Em"
Decal>http://www.intense99dak.com/chris.htm>**************************************************************************************>------------------------------Date:
Sun, 15 Oct 2000 21:23:29 EDTFrom:
WMBARRET@aol.comSubject: DML: '96 8.25" rear, spider
gear broke, what nextThis weekend at the VMP mopar
show, my buddy Al was racing his 96 RC 5.2L 5spd truck
and snapped a spider gear, we limped her home, but now
he has some decisions to make. He wants to keep racing
the truck, so more abuse is in the future. I told him
to check into a late model 9.25" rear retro fit??? not
sure about the spring perch mounts or track width,
anyone know???? If that is not an option, what can you
all recommend to beef up the 8.25" rear????, is it
possible to beef it up???The spider gears are a weak
link it seems??? Any advice would be
appreciated.ThanksMatt
Y2K-HEMI------------------------------Date: Sun, 15
Oct 2000 21:43:14 -0400From: Andy Levy Subject: Re:
DML: Lame K&N cleaning questionThanks Chris. I already
have the kit, just hadn't had a chance to cleanit yet.
I guess if I pull the filter tomorrow when I get home
from fromwork I can clean it and be in good shape for
Tuesday morning. I'll justput a fan by it (with NO
heat) to speed things along a tad.Chris Lambert
wrote:> > About 45 min... maybe a little more if it
takes a while to dry... ie if it> is cool out.... DO
NOT USE HEAT... this will shrink the filter... just>
make sure you use K&N filter oil and not some
substitute... atf is> supposedly not the same... I am
not sure but for the cost of the right> stuff who
cares...> > Chris> > >I'm about to clean my K&N cone
filter for the first time, but before i> >jump into
it, I want to make sure I have the time. About how
long does> >it take to dry after washing, or do I not
have to wait for it at all?> >Just want to make sure
that I'm not leaving myself w/o a way to get to===
message truncated ===