Re: throttle Body HELP!!

From: Bruce Bridges (bbridges@flometrics.com)
Date: Mon Oct 16 2000 - 04:25:36 EDT

Tim,
Use a die grinder with a small carbide burr (or dremel with a cut off wheel
or burr) and grind off the ends of the plate hold-down screws that stick out
past the shaft. They have been peened over and will not unscrew from the
shaft. Once you grind the ends flush with the shaft you should be able to
unscrew the screws and pull the plates out from the slotted shaft. The
shaft should slip out from the linkage side of the TB with linkage attached!
you may have to massage it a bit to remove the burrs from the screws begfore
it slips out through the bearings.
Bruce