Re: HyperTech PCM

From: Tim Berry (coolva1@home.com)
Date: Mon Oct 16 2000 - 15:32:51 EDT

At the track saturday, I did some playing with mine...
I ran JUST the Mopar Computer, turned a 14.4@96
Put the hypertech back on ran a 14.1@98
and bracket racing ran a 13.97@93 (let up alot at the end)
With me having a supercharger, I get no pinging with the Mopar Computer
along (verrry slight in top of 2nd)
WHen I put the hypertech on along with the MP Puter, I have to set the BTM
at about .5 - .75 degrees of retard per pound of boost
The truck has a crap load more bottom end with the hypertech...
I'd recomend running a 180F stat, and autolite 3923 plugs...
BTW, My original PTM went back to summit, somehow I got a beta test unit for
free... I opened it up, its Rev. B
the A version set off the check engine light...
Tim Berry (97 Dakota Club Cab)
Chesapeake, VA
Best 1/4: 13.50@101.91