Re: R/T and towing travel trailers

From: Ryan Stewart (firebird@kymtnnet.org)
Date: Mon Oct 16 2000 - 17:29:14 EDT

Henry,

I bought my R/T used in March. It's a 99 RC. The previous owner towed often
with it., including several trips to and from Canada towing boat and trailer
(Bout 6000lb). Never had a problem, and the truck is no worse for the wear
whatsoever. However, if you plan to tow regularly, I'd suggest order airbags
from Summit. These should clear you to carry about 6500lb when inflated.

Also, I was at the track Saturday, and what pulls in towing a 2000lb trailer
and 4000lb race Mustang but a Red CC R/T! Seem to have no problem and I'd
assume he does it regularly.. So it's not by any means like you can't tow
with an R/T. For occasional towing, tow up to 6500lbs on stock suspension,
but for regular or frequent towing, get some airbags from Summit.

Hope this helps!

-Ryan
99 DA RC R/T