Re: Re: 2000 Quad Cab

From: Aurelio Lopez (alopez7458@netzero.net)
Date: Mon Oct 16 2000 - 20:10:32 EDT

Mark Jackson wrote:

> Well, I've had my Quad Cab Dak since late May. I've enjoyed every inch of
> it. I opted for the 5.9L V8 engine. Got heavy duty everything. It's 2WD.
> That's probably the only thing that I may regret in the future. The 4WD
> weren't that much more. As far as roominess, I used to own a Mazda Protégé
> subcompact econo-box and the truck has much more room both in front and
> back. Now the engine in the truck is 3 times bigger than the one in the
> Mazda, but only uses 2 times as much fuel. (Is that a good thing for trying
> to save the fossil fuels :) Anyways, mine is just about all decked
> out...went with the SLT package even though I would have preferred the
> colored bumpers on the SPORT models. One day I might come across a wrecked
> sport and do an exchange.
>
> Comparing it to the other vehicles like Ford SportTrac and Nissan 4 door
> thingie, the Dakota is roomier both inside the cab, and in the bed...which
> is why we buy trucks to begin with. The Dakota also was available with a
> bigger engine. Nissan had a 4 cylinder (now with supercharger) and Ford had
> a 4.0 V6. If you're looking to tow in the future or just do a little wheel
> spin from time to time, get the Dakota... The gas mileage is terrible
> compared to something like the Mazda I used to own...but The Dak's serve a
> different function. If you have any more detailed questions, feel free to
> drop me an email...

Paul, I was going to respond to you but Mark has stated every point I would have
made. I got my '00 QC in May and I can say with certainty this is the best
vehicle I have ever had. I got it also because of the family and it has served
it's purpose. The Ford and Nissan toys just didn't have the roominess I was
looking for, both in the cab and bed. Yes they're slicker looking but the Dodge
QC has got them both beat in functionality.

Aurelio

--
'00 QC Sport Plus
Intense Blue Pearlcoat

DML profile: http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/UwHhKURBBnMA6

____________NetZero Free Internet Access and Email_________ Download Now http://www.netzero.net/download/index.html Request a CDROM 1-800-333-3633 ___________________________________________________________