Re: R/T and lousy towing capacities

From: jdurling@mindspring.com
Date: Mon Oct 16 2000 - 20:05:17 EDT

I can't buy that. The suspension parts for the most part are on towing daks
just with some different leafs or whatever they used to lower them (i know
about the springs in front). I think you can tow with it but you will have
to spend some money. First a set of firestone airbags and optionally an
onboard air compressor with dash mounted controls. Second, You have to get
different tires that are light truck rated. The only tires like this that
are in the stock r/t size are michelin pilot ltx at's. I have them and they
can take the weight. This not the cheapest option but if you love the r/t
and want to tow this is the only way I know of. The tires are around $800
(close to what the stockers are to replace anyway), the airags are a little
over $200 and a compressor is around $300. You can not tow or you can tow
it's just do you want to spend the money.

Jeff Durling