Re: Hotchkis Appointment

From: Tomdamit@aol.com
Date: Tue Oct 17 2000 - 00:23:54 EDT

My '98 CC V8 Sport has the Hotchkis treatment. Front and rear springs and
sway bars. Also has the Hotchkis valved Bilsteins and I truly love it. Done
over a year ago and it's great. Handles fantastically in the twisties.
Dropped the truck with what Mopar lightly called the "suspension package" 2
inches in front and 3 in the back. I swear the Mopar rear swaybar had
minimal value as it looks like a reshaped paper clip. Of course, the Dak is
first a truck so I guess I understand...

As far as any front end alignments go, I located an alignment shop in
Ontario, CA that understands modified and performance vehicles. They were
able to get it done. The Dak apparently can't be set to factory spec once it
is lowered. Throws the angles out of whack or something. The first tire
store I went to couldn't do it. That was about 20,000 miles ago with no
problems since i.e., excellent wear out of the Goodyears- no strange wear
pattern.

Tom Ware
Riverside, CA