Re: dakota club cab 4x4 rt with a 5speed?

From: Terry Herrin (therrin@isaac.net)
Date: Tue Oct 17 2000 - 17:50:03 EDT

On Tue, 17 Oct 2000 17:24:47 EDT, Ohm347@aol.com wrote:
>i saw something at home depot today that isn't supposed to exist. it was a
>blue dakota club cab 4x4 RT 4x4 edition. at least that is what the decals on
>the side said(they were silver/grey) and they looked authentic. the dakota

If it was an R/T it would have a "Z" in the VIN. Sorry, that lady was
pulling your leg. No way her husband ordered that from the factory.
I've toured the factory in Warren, talked to two people who works
there, and there is no way in hell they would one off a truck like
that. The cost would be astronomical to put something like that
together on the assembly line. You can't even get an R/T painted a
color like Patriot Blue, because it would cost too much to do the
special work on the assembly line for the color exception. Kris Burl,
who works in the factory, couldn't get anything special done on the
line to his truck, all his mods he did later. He watched it being
assembled, but nothing special was done. If you saw the factory and
how the trucks are put together you would understand why a 4x4 R/T
from the factory would never happen unless they started producing them
in quantity. As for determining it was a 5.9 by listening to the
exhaust, with all the different exhaust modifications that can be
done, I don't see how anyone could distinguish between a 5.2 and a 5.9
just by listening.

Terry Herrin
99 FR CC R/T
14.769 @ 91.43