Forthcoming TSB??V6 fluctuating idle reflash

From: Steve Preston (steve318@webtv.net)
Date: Tue Oct 17 2000 - 20:48:52 EDT

I heard this today when talking to the general manager of the C-P-D lot
where I bought my truck.He said that he himself had a Dak V6 with an
erratic idle(especially when cold),and had dealt with Chrysler in
troubleshooting it.They told him to monitor his coolant temperature
sensor,and note the onset of his problem.He told me that once the
coolant reached about 130 degrees,the idle would improve,and he said it
also involved a couple other sensors that reacted to each other and
caused the computer to "search" for correct idle speed.They are
apparently going to come out with a flash for it.He called the issue
"idle fluff".This interests me,because my truck has always had this
fluctuating idle of around a 200-300 RPM variance.The reason I called
this dealership,which is about an hour away from me,was to see if they
had a co-pilot scan tool that I could use to record my hesitation
problem,which no one has been able to fix yet.They said they do have one
(YAY) that I can use.I`m impressed so far (shoulda` called them months
ago,since I did buy it there).Perhaps my little sixer will have it`s
normal amount of muscle in the near future.I`m hopeful :>)

99 Dakota Sport Intense Blue RC 4X4 V6 42RE 3.92 Anti-Spin w/Infinity CD
system and optional hand-crank windows (2) 3923 Autolite spark plugs
Big Blue Ram sticker in the slider window that intimidates people into
establishing a safe following distance