Squeaky Suspension Question on 2000 QC (long)

From: Adam H (golfcartguy@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Oct 17 2000 - 23:07:07 EDT

Hi guys,

I bought a 2000 QC 4x4 4.7 in June and absolutely love the thing except for
a few minor details that I plan to mention to the dealership sometime in the
near future. About a month after I bought it (about 1000 mi. on it) the
suspension started making squeaking/creaking noises. Asked the maintenance
guy about it when I got the oil changed and he said to spray it w/ silicone.
  Fixed the problem for about a week and it went back to squeaking. It has
been squeaking ever since every time I go over a bump or hit the brakes or
hit the gas or cause the suspension to move. It now has 4600 mi.

Also noticed a few weeks ago that the grooves alongside the lower parts of
the box (molding) are higher than those on the body by about 1/4 to 1/2
inch. Kinda like the box moved up a little or somthing, I don't know.

Anybody else out there have similar annoyances on their Daks??

Adam

2000 Quad 4x4
4.7 3.55 axle
1/4 mile best - 16.6 (G-Teched)