Re: RE: ABS looooong po'boy intake installed on 4.7 - wow!

From: Marty Galyean (mgalyean@acm.org)
Date: Wed Oct 18 2000 - 10:27:42 EDT

No idea of the length of intake runners. Bill C. on the list (SEMIHEMI01)
suggested some kind of big ABS penny-whistle as part of the intake. I pictured
it driven by vacuum or motor that would always keep that growl at all RPMs
rather than just 2200. That would give you the resonance, getting the standing
wave at the right phase would be the next part. Time for fuzzy logic to step
in. A feedback loop involving pressure diffs (amplitude) and phase of column
of intake charge or something like that. EPC. Electronic penny-whistle
control.