Re: Oil Coolers

From: MALDBNSF@aol.com
Date: Wed Oct 18 2000 - 11:37:52 EDT

I have one on my Dak. I think with the 180 t-stat the work with each other.
What I mean is the 180 does more help then the oiler cooler. But what I was
after was cooling the oil to help it last longer and to help cool the oil
pathways. One thing it does help with is that when in dtop and go traffic.
The recovery rate is better once you get going. On the down side its mounted
in front of the AC cooler so I sure that does not help the AC at all.
 I have photos on my web site

>Anyone know what an Oil cooler is good for... well... uhh.. I know it cools
>oil and all... but will it make the engine run cooler? Improve track times?
>any feedback is a plus... I've been looking into getting one for the longest
>time... but seems like I always find something else to do with my money...
>
>THanks yall...
>
>Tim Berry (97 Dakota Club Cab)

Donald Mallett
Fort Worth, TX
(817) 847-9497
"Helping others to make a living by making a difference"
<A HREF="http://prepaidlegal.com/go/mallett">
http://prepaidlegal.com/go/mallett>

<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/maldbnsf/">www.geocities.com/maldbnsf</A>

'00 QC 4x2 SLT+, 4.7L, 3.55 rear, 4 speed auto, H/D Service Group, K&N home
brew air filter w/ Cool-rap, Cat back Flow-Pro Dual System, Mobil 1 Oil &
Gear lub., Oil cooler, 180 T-stat, Tonneau cover, Autolite 3923 plugs,
Cool-rap of the A/C Pipes, Radiator Bug Screen, Stock decals removed