A500 Band Adjustment help (42RE)

From: Fast4x4Dakota@aol.com
Date: Wed Oct 18 2000 - 11:47:38 EDT

Hey all, I was wondering if anyone had a 1996 FSM or a comperable one, and
could give me the instructions on tightening the bands on my transmission.
I'll be changing the fluid some time next week I think and installing a drain
plug in the stock pan at the same time. I have a TCI deep finned aluminum
pan for this transmission, but it won't fit without modification due to the
factory Y pipe which I want to replace anyway. Does anyone know if this deep
pan will fit with MP Hedders and Y- pipe? If not It will be for sale cheap.
Also if you have the FSM I'd gladly pay you for your trouble to photocopy the
adjustment pages and mail it to me. I just want my transmission to be happy!
 Thanks again guys and gals.

Luke
1996 4x4 318 Dakota