larger TB and MPI manifold for V8 (kinna long)

From: Darren Asuncion (dakotaguy1999@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Oct 18 2000 - 23:21:05 EDT

Hiya there,

Well I've finally decided to start doing some mod's to my '99 V8 4x4. So
far my engine is stock, with the exception of Autolite 3923's (they work
GREAT!), my drop-in K&N air filter, the MSD wires and FMS injectors I'll be
installing soon. Anyway I was debating on putting a larger bored-out TB for
my truck, but I'd also like to keep my stock TB in case I decide to sell
the truck (Heaven forbid) in the future. Anyone know where I can get a TB
(keeping in mind I have a stock engine) for a decent price (I'm kind of on a
budget)?

Also I've got my own copy of the MP catalog, and I've been looking at the
MPI single plane intake manifold. I've heard about this manifold on the
DML - will a stock engine benefit from this? Or will I need to get a
different cam, PCM or whatever to go along with it? Also, does it require
any modifications (for sensors, etc.) to install? My truck has A/C and I
won't be giving that up anytime soon! Also will the stock-type TB work with
this manifold?

Anyway any feedback on the information and performance of the TB and MPI
manifold is greatly appreciated! Thanks for all the help!

-Darren (in Alaska)
'99 Intense Blue CC Sport +, 4x4, 5.2 V8, 44-RE auto, 3.55lsd, 4wheel ABS
http://www.geocities.com/dakotaguy1999/dakota.html