RE: gear ratios & acceleration

From: Davidson, Kevin (ked@iti-oh.com)
Date: Thu Oct 19 2000 - 14:55:34 EDT

Thanks guys for the info.

I've done some minor mods on my V6 (3923, tstat, homebrew K&N) and the
thought occurred to me that I might be ultimately limited by my unfortunate
gear ratio. Although I'd guess it's a pretty penny for a new axle, it
sounds
like a serious performance boost. One that I should have thought about
BEFORE
buying the truck! lol. Along with the 2 extra cylinders.

btw, what would be involved for this - a whole new axle? or can new gears
be installed in my stock diff housing? (wishful thinking)

thanks
Kevin D.