Re: 17x9 r/t rims on gen II

From: jdurling@mindspring.com
Date: Thu Oct 19 2000 - 19:09:54 EDT

17x9 r/t wheels do fit front and rear as long as you use a 1/4" spacer, and
either longer studs or bulge-centric lug nuts. I can answer this with full
knowledge since I am running r/t wheels on my gen II with the stock r/t wheels
size. There is very little modification needed to make this work. BTW, if you
just want to put them on the rear you don;t even have to have a spacer they
will clear with about 3" from the leaf. Preacher and Trevor both had/have pics
on their websites. Jon, I guess I am going to have to send you a couple for my
profile. I'll try to do a write-up also.

Jeff Durling
'96 RC Sport w/ 17x9 r/t wheels & tires