Belly-Pan Test - SUCCESS!

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Thu Oct 19 2000 - 20:31:48 EDT

Well, I went on a long shot and think I found the answer to our belly-pan
leakage problem:

Moroso "Ceramic Block Seal"

Clean the manifold REALLY well...Engine Cleaner (Foamy Engine Brite is my
flavor of degreaser) and then a run through the dishwasher. (Yes...the wife
knew about it.) Then, let it air dry and put the belly-pan gasket back on
with some sealer (Ultra Copper is still myt choice). Then...pour about 1/4
cup of the Ceramin Block Sealer down into the manifold and swirlt it around
for about 5 minutes to build up a nice seal around the bottom surfaces.
Now, put it in your oven at 200 degrees for 30 minutes. Take it out, let it
cool down for about 30 minutes an take a look at the sealer now!

There's a nice, smooth seal all the way around the surfaces...and it's nice
and thick to boot.

- Bernd