Re: gear ratios & acceleration

From: Chris Lambert (mopar88@efortress.com)
Date: Thu Oct 19 2000 - 21:41:28 EDT

How so, I have the 4.7 and 3.9x gears and my 1st gear is pretty much
useless, unless I am either racing or spinning the tires... So how could a
4 banger have the power to skip 1st??? I would thing that the 4cyl would
come with only the 3.55's, and 3.92's.... I doubt it is that way but that
is what I would assume...

Chris

>I may have missed an earlier email about this or something, but it he's
>running
>3.21's right now, is this a 4 cylinder? If so he's got completely different
>gear ratios for his tranny than the 6's and 8's. If he goes slapping 3.92
>gears
>in his rear he may end up maxed out at 61 mph on the highway and first gear
>will be all but useless. Just something to think about..... Obviously a
>reputable gear vendor will be ale to help him there when he calls to buy his
>gear set.

'00 CC, Packin a 287 Magnum, 5-sp, Gibson Duals, Traction Bars, Spring
Clamps, Magnum Front Plate, Quick D Intake, "Smoke Em" Decal, Paint
In bed-liner, More to come
http://www.intense99dak.com/chris.htm