K+N FIPK vs. Drop In

From: Brett Forehand (brett4hand@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Oct 19 2000 - 23:14:35 EDT

Hey gang,
just got my truck out of the shop, and to cure any worries about my truck
being "modified"(like the headers and 3" cat back don't stick out)...slipped
the drop in K+N into the factory housing. I normally run a 14" FIPK
"po-boy".

Needless to say, after driving her for the last two days, it appears that my
mileage is up. By about 30 miles to the tank! I know it ain't much, but I
would have figured the open air 14 incher would have done better.

Do I need to reset the computer when running the 14" K+N? It sure feels
like takes less throttle to get going with it in place.

Any suggestions are welcome!

Brett Forehand
'94 Dakota CC Sport