Re: gear ratios & acceleration

From: WMBARRET@aol.com
Date: Fri Oct 20 2000 - 16:39:29 EDT

Yep, the NV1500 (4 cyl/ 6cyl)has ratio's as follows:
1st 3.85
2nd 2.25
3rd 1.46
4th 1.00
5th .83

The NV3500 (V-8) is:
1st 4.02
2nd 2.32
3rd 1.40
4th 1.00
5th .73

Matt Y2K-HEMI

In a message dated Fri, 20 Oct 2000 4:25:13 PM Eastern Daylight Time, "Tim J
Koth" <Tim.J.Koth@aexp.com> writes:

<< I didn't see my response from last night go through, but basically I
was
aware that the gear ratio had nothing to do with the engine, but I was
guessing
that the 2.5 4 banger may have had a tranny with different gear ratios than
the
6's and 8's. Meaning that the tranny and rear ratios culminated in a final
drive ratio that was comparable to a 6 or 8 with 3.55's or something. My
theory
was blasted when I looked at my 2000 Dak Sales Brochure and it states that the
3.21 rear is only placed in V6 Daks with 5 Speeds. Not sure why..... But that
being the case I'd say go for 3.92's at least!!