Re: Spark Plug Wire Lifespan

From: bernd@texas.net
Date: Fri Oct 20 2000 - 18:03:00 EDT

That would depend on what type of environment they were used in. Daily
driving, about 5 years max. Offroad...3 years due to water/dirt/mud being
stuck to the wires. (Although, the 8mm Mallory wires on my Javelin have been
on there for almost 10 years and they still check out fine...go figure.)

Check your spec sheet that came with the wires for the resistance check but
don't forget to do the "bend test" on each wire for cracks and checking for
arcing (white residue on wires)...especially near the cap and plugs. (Bend the
wire around you finger and check for cracks...it you see ANY, change the wire.)

- Bernd