Re: DML:Hello/2.5 trans &diff Questions

From: AWyseGuy@aol.com
Date: Sat Oct 21 2000 - 02:52:34 EDT

Dennis. I'll agree with Steve on some of those points he brought up..
The turbos are not "designed" for towing.. but we(or at least many of us) do
things with our trucks that the engineers never dreamed they could do. I've
towed an 80 Dodge Diplomat with my Shelby Charger before.. I'd say just
keep it fairly mild and stop at around 300HP. and put a rear with a 3.92 or a
4.10 and locker in it. Just be sure to always have it getting plenty of fuel
to keep from cracking the head. I wiped one out running 31psi for a few
weeks.. a few real fun weeks though. Live & learn.. (31psi and stock fuel
curve.. BAD) LOL
       A train of thought our country has accomplished much by has always
been doing things just to prove that they can be done. I had a friend put
Ford 351M pistons in a 318 just cause he wanted to bore it out.. Had the
Ford rebuild kit and didn't want to spend more money. So he punched it out
.100 and used the Ford pistons & rings.
       Also.. When did Dodge build a "light" car? My Shelby is a little
tank. hehe
Aaron
95 Dakota Sport
86 Shelby Charger Turbo