M1 manifold installed!

From: Terry Herrin (therrin@isaac.net)
Date: Sun Oct 22 2000 - 00:14:18 EDT

The install went fine with only a few glitches, and the truck is
running great! It definitely pulls harder on the top end. The first
time I got down on it, I could actually see the front of the truck
lift up as the tach passed 3200. Amazing! If there is a loss of low
end I can't feel it. Pulls just fine down low, and the tires break
loose easy.

I'd like to thank Randy Pile, www.worldwideperformanceparts.com, for
the manifold, the machine work done on the manifold, and the excellent
install kit. It really was a straight forward install, just as
advertised. It was a much, much easier job than the roller rockers.
I would even say it was easier than the headers, because it required
no jacking up of the truck or crawling underneath. Plus, I didn't
have to take it to a muffler shop after we were done. <grin> But
seriously, don't shy away from this mod because you think it's too
complicated. The only part you want to be very careful of is the
intake gaskets front and back to be sure they don't leak. Let me just
say, the engine looks a *lot* better with that M1 on it than the beer
barrel!

I also want to thank Jon Smith. His experience with replacing
manifolds was invaluable. He's done it enough times it was like
clockwork for him. He wound up doing more work than I did, I think
because it was easier for him to do it than to tell me what to do.
LOL! Before we started he said he was going to hit his head on the
hood seven times. The eighth time was after we were done and we were
getting ready to close the hood, so he almost made it. <grin>

After the install we took it for a spin around the neighborhood. Jon
got to ride the Hotchkis kit and hear the Mesa/Dynomax exhaust. I
thought mine was loud, but Jon's is louder! LOL!

Terry Herrin
99 FR CC RT
14.769 @ 91.43
Wilmington, NC
Dakota R/T Club, Executive Board, SE Region
http://users.isaac.net/therrin/dakota.html