Re: v6 or v8-go V8

From: Jack Paulson (cybermail1@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Oct 22 2000 - 14:51:30 EDT

Go with the 4.7 - I have the V6 and the MPG is 17.5 in
the city & 21 on the highway @65 - I don't have a
lead foot. You can see from my signature it is
loaded.
I don't want for power but, it would be nice to know
it was there. I can't see the 4.7 getting drastically
worse mileage. I just switched to app3923 spark plugs
so I'm hoping to see if the mpg improves.
--- jdurling@mindspring.com wrote:
> I have to ask the llist for some opinions from the
> owners of the 4.7 and
> the 3.9 engines. I am looking at getting a QC and I
> have specific
> options that I want. I like some of like the dark
> garnett red but I am
> finding it difficult to find it with the options I
> want. I found one but
> it has the 3.9 instead of the 4.7. I want your input
> from driving these
> two engines in respect to problems, reliablilty, and
> fuel economy, etc.
> I know that the 3.9 is going to get better economy
> than the 4.7 but that
> the reliability of the 4.7 is hard to judge from
> it's short lifespan so
> for. I drove both and while a like the power of the
> 4.7 I didn't feel
> that the 3.9 was a slow dog either. I could possibly
> swing either way. I
> would be buying the truck for invoice but the one I
> found has the loaded
> stero in it and the guy wants to knock off a couple
> of hundred bucks so
> he doesn't have to order one. He will if he has to
> but he would just
> give me a deal if I took the one on the lot. I do
> not want to start nor
> hear about the v6/ v8 war. I currently have a '96
> dak with a 5.2 so I
> know all about that. I want your impressions from
> owning the different
> engines. I wan the auto so again please do not start
> that issue either.
> I have nothing against my dak but I want more room
> and the QC would give
> me what I need. Also, what has been the waiting
> period for the trucks
> lately in case I decide to order. The slaesman
> guareented he woould make
> sure the paperwork worked out so I get the 1k rebate
> which is even
> better since I can use it as a down payment and the
> cash from my truck
> for the taxes and a couple of toys. All help would
> be appreciated.
>
> Jeff Durling
> '96 Rc Sport

=====
2000 Quad Cab 4X4-Sport V-6 Automatic Sports Plus Package
31X10.5 tires Limited Slip 3.55 Trailer Tow Group
HD Package Skid Plates Added:Airaid air filter,Flowmaster 3 chamber,
Steel Horse Torneau cover, Autolite Double Platinum Spark Plugs,
Removed air horns from Throttle Boddy, added new TB bolts,
Cool Tape around air filter and A/C tubes-Smyrna, Georgia