Re: 42RE/44RE Identification

From: Darren Asuncion (dakotaguy1999@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Oct 23 2000 - 00:59:20 EDT

HI there,

FWIW, I have a '99 CC 4x4 Sport V8 and it has the 44-RE in it. Hopefully
this isn't a "bad" thing, not too sure how it compares to the 46-RE (anyone
with information please e-mail me). But anyway, the best way to find out
what tranny your truck has is by calling your local dodge dealership and
have them look up your truck's VIN on their computer (Vehicle Information
Plus Summary Report). They can get a list of every option your truck was
built with and everything. I got my dealer here to print one out for me -
its nice to have! Hope this helps!

-Darren Asuncion (Fairbanks, AK)
fsdaa1@uaf.edu
http://www.geocities.com/dakotaguy1999/dakota.html
'99 Intense Blue CC Sport +, 4x4, 5.2 V8, 44-RE auto, 3.55 lsd, 4wheel ABS