Part II of Cancelling Chrysler new Concpet Vehicles

From: Stlaurent Mr Steven (STLAURENTS@mctssa.usmc.mil)
Date: Mon Oct 23 2000 - 13:09:46 EDT

Part II of why they cancelled several programs at DC...sucks big time.
http://www.car-truck.com/chryed/buzz/b102300.htm

MY COMMENT TO DC: "Buying a Dodge to me, means being 'DIFFERENT' and not
the same average vehicle driving down the road. Chrysler marketing of being
'DIFFERENT' sold me from my first test drive in the Durango and then the
Dakota. I bought the Dodge for that reason and not to be same vehicle for
next fourteen years with the likes of a Mercedes. Just to let you know, my
next questionable purchase is the concept vehicle called the GTS-R Viper. A
true sport car that was delivered as a concept car and now a 99.9 percent
show-room purchased vehicle. But now, I have serious concern about the DC
corporation on whether you can really deliver a product or not.

What scares me and other now loyal customers, is the wrong manufacturing
tactics of controlling the Chrysler brand name from Germany. From all the
sources within the auto industry that either I had read or talk too, they
spell the same word - 'DOOMED'. Doesn't your staff in Germany get the
message? Check your stocks lately? Have you seen the top brass quitting or
resigning from the last two years? What more can be said. It is mistake.
Admit it and move on. Ford answer to Jaguar is to infuse money and QC and
allow them to be Jaguar. Same as Volvo and so forth. If you want a
successful company, based here in the United States, then infused the QC and
corporate share of money to Chrysler and allows them to govern themselves.
Hire back the former crew who made it successful in the first place. Both
sides can gain from this merger but if not, before it is to late, sell the
company back to the former owners or suffer serious stock lost and your job.
Remember the stock holders in Germany and across the world don't like
loosing 30 billion dollars in stock lost.

Another notable problem for Daimler, if anyone needs to cut staff, it is
your staff in Germany that needs cutting. Reminds me of the GMC or the old
Ford empire of old.

Again, you better rethink your long-term strategy with the brand called
Chrysler in America and note the brand loyalty customer here will not
cross-over to any MB vehicles. For my taste, as an America who makes in the
6 digits, and a baby boomer, I would not even considering of buying such a
boring vehicle called MB. I consider those vehicles under performing,
over-priced, and to far conservative for my taste. If you don't allow Dodge
to be DIFFERENT, maybe I should move on to another manufacture who can. If
I made this remark, how many more out there that fell the same? Check for
yourself.

Steven St.Laurent
Test Engineer
Test Branch, GSD, MCTSSA