Re: Non-Dak engine starting problem,please help?

From: Steve Preston (steve318@webtv.net)
Date: Mon Oct 23 2000 - 20:43:36 EDT

Wow! What a problem! Tell ya what I`d do,Alex.I would go get myself a
can of freeze spray at Radio Shaft.Then,when the problem occurred,I
would spray every sensor I could see,and try to start the car each
time.Any sensor that involved sensing temperature(i.e. the CTS,IAT,or
equivalent sensors)would be the ones I`d check first.Your fuel pump
could conceivably do this also.Listen for the faint buzz near the fuel
tank as you turn the key to "ON" before the "START" position.(This car
is fuel-injected?)If you don`t hear a buzz,suspect the pump,or pump
relay/drive,etc.Your problem,to me,does sound fuel related more than
anything else,though.Good luck on your intermittent problem,man.Been
there,doing that. Steve P.

99 Dakota Sport Intense Blue RC 4X4 V6 42RE 3.92 Anti-Spin w/Infinity CD
system and optional hand-crank windows (2) 3923 Autolite spark plugs
Big Blue Ram sticker in the slider window that intimidates people into
establishing a safe following distance