Re: Re: oily residue on backside of TB blades,

From: Grady Ogburn (jgo@uswest.net)
Date: Mon Oct 23 2000 - 21:11:24 EDT

Folks-

He might be talking about the IAC (I *think* that's an idle air controller).
If that's it, it's a sensor attached to the cab-side of the throttle body.

To clean it, first remove it by removing the two (torx 15 or 20, not sure)
screws that hold it on the throttle body, then unplugging it, then backing
it straight out of its hole. The part that will need cleaning is the metal
*tip* of the plunger you just unsheathed. I read several strong warnings,
here on the DML and elsewhere, that you should NOT TWIST OR DEPRESS the
plunger mechanism -- just use a spray-can of good carb/TB cleaner and GENTLY
wipe/dab dry.

Grady Ogburn
'98 Sport CC 4x4
5.2l, 5 Speed