Re: almost, maybe, sorta kinda....

From: Ryan Stewart (firebird@kymtnnet.org)
Date: Mon Oct 23 2000 - 20:30:49 EDT

Not necassarily. Many RS' have 305s too. They are just not as strong as
those in Z28s and IROCs. I was with my bro in my parents 97 LHS and we met
up with a convertible IROC-Z. It looked sweet as hell and sounded healthy.
We hit it, and spurted from 50-70, he didn't bite, we slowed down and were
still in the passing lane.... Here he comes like a bat outof hell, my bro
wait tills he front bumper is at our rear and hits it,, he quick stops
pulling and we're dead even.Then, the HS pulls ahead! This guy friggin
cracked up and about had a heart attack when we pulled on him in the LHS! We
pulled about a lengtrh and let off. H ethne slowed down and pulle doff at a
gas station. LOL

On the other hand, we went up against a 305 Z28 (Early 90s) that was heavily
modded in my 99 R/T and we stayed head to head up to 115mph!

So, they can be very quick or ver slow.

Oh yea, also have a friend her eon the net who has a stock L98 Z28. He has
got his times down to 14.48 in the 1/4 bone stock! I mean, he's faster than
most LT1s! Oh yeah, that probably has to do with the fact that L98s like his
had a 350 in them.

My R/T has also went head to head with an LT1 Camaro and taken it.

-Ryan
99 DA RC R/T