Re: Powertax questions

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Tue Oct 24 2000 - 07:43:39 EDT

Bob,

I have an automatic tranny so I dunno about it being noisier with a stick...
With that said, I can see why you would get more feedback or feel it working
more with a stick (as the auto tranny would absorb any feedback) but I can't
see why it would be noisier.

Anyway, there were two complications with my install with one related to the
locker and one not... The first was just getting the wheels and brake drums
off as some monkey with an impact gun nearly fused the drums to the hub when my
tires were rotated! The second was that the stock "C-Clips" were too large for
the locker and I had to file them down just a tad. I did call PowerTrax about
this as others had run into the same problem so they may have fixed this by
now. Other than that it was a breeze.

I bought mine from Devin King at Unitrax (800-622-4327) out in Cali. I highly
recommend him as he will take the time to answer all of your questions and he
delivers on his commitments. It doesn't matter what kind of tranny you have,
you just need to know what kind of rear differential you have and axle spline
count. I paid $384.50 for my 29 spline 8 1/4 open rear diff.

Hope this helps.
Tom