Re: Project 1HiDak Update

From: Walter Felix (walt_felix@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Oct 24 2000 - 10:27:38 EDT

I probably should rephrase it that I hope to run 35's after everything is
complete. I already had 31x10.5's on the truck with a 3" body lift and
cranked torsion bars. I had a slight rubbing on the bushwacker flares under
full articulation. I'm now adding a TrailMaster 4" suspension kit with new
2000 lbs., V8 torsion bars. The TrailMaster kit lifts the front 4" and the
rear 3" to level the truck with the torsion bars cranked to the stock
specifications. I had the differential drop brackets modified at a welding
shop to drop it an additional inch. The plan is to crank up the new torsion
bars an inch. With the differential an inch lower, I will be able to keep
the CV angles with in spec. The rear bracket for the differential was made
only 1/2" longer to keep the pinion angle with in specs as well. In the
rear, I added a set of Add-a Leafs to raise it an additional inch. I have
already mounted a set of 35's, I borrowed from a friend, on the rear. They
appear to fit well though I haven't had a chance to wheel the truck yet with
the front still on jack stands. I will have the fronts on the truck this
Saturday and take it for a romp around the farm to see if I have any
interference problems. At the moment though, everything looks like they
will fit. I may still decide to go with 33's if I feel they are too tight.
I'm not going to order the tires until I'm sure they are going to fit.

Walt Felix
88½ Dakota Sport 4x4, 2000 Ram 1500 QuadCab Sport 4x4 and a 67 Barracuda
Coupe 340/4Speed
Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.COM
http://WWW.Walt-n-Ingrid.COM
http://WWW.MoparsinMotion.COM