4.7 oil drain plug

From: Sammon45@aol.com
Date: Tue Oct 24 2000 - 16:44:06 EDT

 Does anyone know the size/thread of the oil drain plug on the 4.7. I ordered
an oil drain valve from Summit. I was very impressed with the quality of the
part. Unfortunately, I had to drain all the oil to find out that it was the
wrong size (1/2 by 20). The 4.7 plug is metric; 12-13 mm. I don't want to
drain fresh oil or re-oil my skidplate and driveway to measure the plug (I
didn't have anything to measure it with when it was out and needed the truck
right away). Summit, the dealer, and the all-mighty Pep Boys computer have
been unable to tell me what size to exchange the part for. It will be three
months before I need to change the oil again. If anyone changes their 4.7 oil
soon or has another idea (FSM?), please let me know.