Re: RE: RE: Was Jet Chip-Now Open Loop

From: Steven T. Ekstrand (cyberlaw@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Oct 24 2000 - 19:19:27 EDT

Thanks Ron! Your post just got moved over to my save folder! I love long
posts, maybe someday I'll even understand it.

I'm tempted by the Jet because its cheap. But more than that its removable
and resellable. I might turn my truck in early next year and get a 4.7HO
R/T with Hotchkis and airbags to tow with! I want my mods to be removable
and hopefully sellable.

But if it doesn't help at WOT, then I don't see the point. I only drive in
TWO MODES. ON and OFF. I would not describe my driving style as....SMOOTH.
You should see me on the autocross courses. I ain't fast, but I have fun.
Who needs four wheels on the ground???

If I had someway of strapping myself in so I could left foot brake you'd
really see some action. A club cab needs help rotating...And a little brake
dive/throttle stab action can help that. But heck, with benchseats I just
need to hold on for dear life. Sometimes I'm afraid this 300lb 6 ft driver
is going to FLY out the window on righthand turns!!!

And what the Hell is this with everybody getting Superchargers out in the
West Coast!!! Hey! St. Laurent, you're going to need that NOS, not to beat
me bud, but all these scared R/T owners boosting their trucks to do us in!!!
Hope to see you out there, and hopefully Ed's new quad. I'm betting we can
snag us a stock R/T Club Cab to embarrass, but damn if these owners don't
modify their trucks from day one!!! Of course we can always embarrass the
Durango R/T's.

-STE