new 19# FMS injectors

From: Chuong Nguyen (dester223@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Oct 25 2000 - 01:00:08 EDT

Anyways. I picked up a used set of FMS 19# fuel injectors last week (totaly
of 31 bucks plus 7 bucks for shipping.

They came in today and I just HAD to install them. Took 3 bolts that were
directly clamped to the fuel rail off and 3 bolts off the ac compressor
triangle plate.

the old injectors were quite hard to pull out of the injector rail, but
popped right out of the intake input. I wasn't careful enough to relieve
ALL the fuel pressure from the "valve core looking thingie" so a little fuel
sprayed out when I pulled the first injector (cylinder #1) and it caused a
little misfire on startup. Guess the rings are still semi-good, huh? hehe

anyways. I got the new injectors in there, started it up and she had a few
mis fires due to the excess amount of gas I dropped down there, but 2
seconds later and a litte stumbling, she ran quite smoother....

Took her out for a test drive and the power gains weren't too significant
(but I'm the type of guy that wants power NOW) so just count me impatient
and I havn't reset teh computer either.

One thing I can tell you though. I have a set of 275/35/18s on the rear
along with 245/40/18s up front, and I've NEVER been able to do a power brake
with them, but just "testing it out" she just spun those bad boy toyo
proxies pretty good. I let off because the rubber is over 300 bucks a pop
and I didn't want to ruin it. I have a set of 235/60/15 BFG Radial T/As in
the basement with the stock rims for that....

I was able to take 2 pictures of the injectors out of the intake manifold,
and I'll have that up on my page. Don't have to go to work tomorrow, so
I'll work on my homepage a little. AND wash the dakota too. hehe. it needs
it
-Dester