Re: do gen II daks have ping problems?

From: Tim Berry (coolva1@home.com)
Date: Wed Oct 25 2000 - 12:20:09 EDT

Mine is not removed, its just not in the exhaust.. the 2nd o2 sensor is
still attached to the wires.. I have noticed a slightly richer mixture
though.. and I can tell the computer knows something is up, bucause it
changes the a/f ratio differently than it did with the single pipe and cat,
it seems to do it better =-)
*-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-*
Tim Berry (97 Dakota Club Cab)
Chesapeake, VA
Best 1/4: 13.50@101.91
> On the 96+'s (OBD-II), the absence of an aft O2 sensor is supposed to but
does
> not always (apparently) trigger the MIL lamp in the dash. Also, I have
never
> heard of the computer going into limp mode due to the absence of the aft
O2