Gearing VS Tire Dia

From: Ken Hoffman (kenh@photocenterimaging.com)
Date: Wed Oct 25 2000 - 19:09:33 EDT

hey kids,
Have any of you changed your rear end ratio to compensate for larger
diameter tires? My Dak is a 99 4x2 v8, now w/ a fabtech kit, and I'm
changing from 235/75/15 up to 10.5x31s. I'm currently running a 3.55sg
and am considering 3.92 (or is it 3.90) to compensate for the larger
tires. I would rather spend the money to do it that way than HOPE that
the dealer reflashes to computer PROPERLY to ensure accurate speedo and
computer signals. I'm ignorant as to the proper mathematical equation to
calculate the rpm difference to see wether that ratio change would even be
appropriate. (runon sentence:0) -----Sooooooooo, if any of you have done
this or could help me out on the calculation, it I would sure appreciate
it!

thanks,
ken H
Simi Valley, CA

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line"