A bunch of thermostat questions [Bernd, Steven St. L]

From: Alex Harris (aharris@signcast.com)
Date: Wed Oct 25 2000 - 21:40:47 EDT

Inquiring minds want to know... :-)

Bernd, was that a plain Stant or the heavy duty Stant?

Steven, how did you measure the effectiveness of your Stant HD stat?

I got the NAPA Superstat (by Stant), the heavy duty model, but I haven't
installed it yet. If it's really a piece of crud, I'll go get a Robert Shaw
stat, which I finally found at Autozone after I'd bought the NAPA stat.
Autozone has the regular Robert Shaw, then the "Robert Shaw II" super-duper
model.

Are our temp gauges accurate? Mine seems consistently closer to 180 than
190... of course there are no markings between 160 and 200 or something like
that, so I'm eyeballing it, but it's an easy eyeball.

As far as gaskets go, I saw someone bitching about a paper Dodge gasket. I
got the NAPA gasket and found that it's self-adhesive. Imagining future
gasket-scraping nightmares, I found a Mopar one which seems to be
rubberized, it looks good. If anybody cares, the P/N-description on the
invoice is as follows:

53021051-AB GASKET TH 7044003

I don't know which end is the part number.

Thanks,

- Alex