Re: Why won't these work?!?!

From: DICEMAN469@aol.com
Date: Thu Oct 26 2000 - 07:44:39 EDT

In a message dated 10/26/00 2:43:06 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
rt_killer98@yahoo.com writes:

> Hey all,
> Got another question. How come when I put my truck
> into reverse, the reverse lights won't light up? If I
> move it inbetween P and R, then they will come on, but
> not on R. What can this be? I need to save money and
> want to find this out on my own, but I have no idea
> where these things would connect in order for them to
> come on. I tried to look on the tranny itself where
> the shifting occurs, and I can't see anything that
> would turn them on. I also looked under the dash and
> steering column and still nothing. Please help!

Sounds like your tranny shift linkage is off some. I don't know if the
factory cables are adjustable (I have a B&M shift which is). The reverse
light I'm pretty sure is internal and isn't adjustable. Look to see if your
shift indicator is exactly on the gear you selected or if it's just a little
off to either side. If it's off, then it's probably the linkage.

 -Austin
Vipertruck - "The Anti-Rice"
Supercharged 6.0 V8
 <A HREF="www.angelfire.com/ny/vipertruck">The Vipertruck</A>